In 2018, the average firm is expected to allocate 41% of their marketing budget to online, and this rate is expected to grow to 45% by 2020. (Source: Web Strategies)
Marketers see SEO as becoming more effective, with 82% reporting effectiveness is on the rise and 42% of this group stating effectiveness is increasing significantly. (Source: MarketDive)
61% of marketers say improving SEO and growing their organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority. (Source: HubSpot)
In 2017, Google accounted for over 79% of all global desktop search traffic, followed by Bing at 7.27%, Baidu at 6.55% and Yahoo at 5.06%. (Source : NetMarketShare)
72% of marketers say the single most effective SEO tactic is relevant content creation. (Source: MarketingProfs)
Google changes its search engine algorithm roughly 500 – 600 time per year. (Source: Moz)
The State of SEO at Present and Why is it Important?
SEO is back and is back with a bang like never before. All those who say,SEO is dead, stop living under the comfortable rock that you refuse to move out of. SEO is in the main lead when it comes to Digital Marketing.
Gone are the days when hackers grew up like mushrooms with cheap SEO tricks to build useless links and who would stuff the content with keywords like it was no one’s business.
People would try to hack their way into SEO in such a way that the websites started becoming a keyword caricature. And to everyone’s horror, such websites managed to rank higher in Google search results.
User experience started getting compromised and how!
That’s when Google had to step in. Because the sole purpose of Google’s existence is to provide the right and relevant results to its users. It took matter into its hands and started changing it algorithm and started punishing the bad websites of the cyber world.
Now as Moz confirms that Googles changes its algorithm so fast that these hackers have to be on their toes all the time.
Where does that leave the real digital marketers?
SEO needs to be managed regularly, and it needs to be managed in the right ways and according to the guidelines of search engine. Above all, websites need to provide superior experience and contextual content to the search engine users. This is the golden age of SEO specialists.
And if you’re thinking that why are we talking all about Google instead of all encompassing search engines, then you need to go through the quick stats once again and carefully.
Who is it for?
SEO marketing is important for any business or individual who has or wishes to have a web presence that would benefit from inbound organic traffic on their web property.
If you don’t rank in the relevant search query results on Google, your web property doesn’t really exist for the netizens.
Quick Tips for SEO in 2018
- User experience is the SEO. Slip on this and you’ve lost already.
- Mobile friendliness can’t be ignored anymore. People are practically living on their mobile screens.
- Cut the crap on your website. Keep only what’s valuable to your visitors and leave the unnecessary fluff outside.
- Make your website load superfast. People are impatient than ever and have choices beyond imagination.
- Befriend Long Tail keywords and use with right context through your website. Think like human beings, we’re still humans.
- Build quality backlinks. In backlinking quality always trumps quantity.
- Google considers Social Media for SEO ranking, so should you.
- Content rules SEO. Get your content right and half the battle would already be won.